25.8.10

Rainy Day Pinnie.

cutie

I honestly didn’t think I’d make anything today. I thought day 4 would be the end of me – I felt so tired & sick this morning all I wanted to do was stay in bed, but eventually I started feeling better & crept out the back for some quiet sewing time while The Boy & Le Punk ransacked the house.

pinniecollage1

I used the Christina Tunic pattern from Mamu, but I wanted it to be reversible, so after sitting & scratching my head for an embarrassingly long time trying to figure out how to do that, exactly, this tutorial really helped me out.

 

pinniecollage2

The beautiful dyed doily on the pink side came from Jo, I think? The embroidered whatever-it-is on the other was from the oppy…

14 comments:

  1. These pinnies are great. Colourful, something recycled, easy to use and care for. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so gorgeous. My girls would love it! Le Punk looks a bit chuffed :) And done while sick and tired too - I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the cross over at the back. I was looking at a pattern just like this in one of my books last night. Congrats on making it to day 4!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pinafore looks gorgeous Vic. What a cutie! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pinnys are so special. I totally forgot that the humble pinny even existed in its truest form. Thanks for reminding me. I would love some for my girls. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Supercute! I'd wear the pink and orange side in a heartbeat... in a much much larger size ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been feeling a little under the weather myself. And, you have much more motivation than I. lol I haven't done any creating for a few days now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so gorgeous, love your embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You clever girl.......those doilies are very lovely. Keep up the good work and you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love it Vic. And a model in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute!! Nice to see you sewing again. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a pattern for that but I'm too scared to try it! Love love love the dyed doilly must try that.

    ReplyDelete

Let's have a chat. And a biscuit. And some tea. And another biscuit.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin