26.8.10

Babybot.

The most I achieved with my spring swap project today was photographing it this morning – but I DID get something done today!

babybot1

My Mum sent me some opped baby clothes last week, including a plain white jumpsuit, since The Boy was coming with us today, & driving, almost as an afterthought I grabbed the little suit & some embroidery stuff as we were heading out the door – it is amazing what you think of when you feel obliged to make something, when you are actually making ‘making’ a priority.

babybot2

I am under no illusions as to the quality of my embroidery, or even the design itself as I just stitched freehand & hoped for the best, but I think the wee robot turned out cute enough, and with babies, well, cute is all that matters.

babybot3

18 comments:

  1. I loooovvvveee the robot. Too clever!!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cute - I am very impressed by your freehand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love it - you are a clever stitcherer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vic that is wonderful!! Love the little wee robot...almost looks a bit cheeky! Your little man is going to be super well dressed thanks to his crafty mama. Best get a wriggle on and make my sunshine swap...I hear my swapee is a real cranky pants :) (just kidding lovely)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that bot is cute as!!
    freehand stitching..wow, you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - you do excellent freewheeling. Very impressed that you appear to have survived sudden braking needle stabs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute enough ??? No way..Its awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your babybot! and to me the stitching is perfect for a babybot.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lordy woman, you need to be bottled. Quick copyright those little robots before someone nicks them. They are way too cute, you need a tight grip on them. They would look stunning printed simply as cards, or stitched onto little outfits, so many things so many beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is really cute! gosh i really need to get organised too thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You clever thing you... and free hand too. BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely :-) does the hoop hold it all taught so you can embroider? (sorry a bit green...) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. that robot is super cute! I really want to try and make an embroidery wall hanging for my new niece when she gets out of hospital. She was born at 26 weeks so should be home in another 4 or 6 weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Let's have a chat. And a biscuit. And some tea. And another biscuit.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin