24.8.10

A Post of ‘Firsts’.

Today I made my first maternity shirt.

The first shirt for myself, ever, that wasn’t refashioned.

Today I re-threaded my dusty overlocker & got it stitching moderately okay for the first time, without the manual.

Today, for the first time, I didn’t give up at the first sign of trouble on the knit fabric front.

shirt2

I used buttons to add design interest (…or maybe to hide a big hulking oops… Probably not for the first time, admittedly…) on the neckline.

shirt1

I realised today for the first time, after attempting to get a nice shot of me wearing this shirt of firsts, that I will be wearing nothing but black for the rest of my pregnancy because I look like a small house. You will not, I repeat not, be seeing any full-body shots of me in the foreseeable future, which I doubt you particularly wanted to see, but I’m just putting it out there…

13 comments:

  1. Yah for not giving up! Knit fabrics still scare the bejeebus out of me.
    Love the button detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Vic. Who'd have thought that a knit could look so good on a house?...erm, I mean, glowing pregnant woman? (You do so know that O love you, don't you?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute top - you did a great job.

    I don't know what the ooops was ... you obviously hid ... I mean embellished ... it very well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice one! and you're pregnant aren't you supposed to look like a house?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cam - They should scare you. They are scary. Some machines do not like them. I do not like them. You are wise to stay away... need I go on...?!

    Tas - Oprah loves me? ;)

    Liesl - You REALLY are too kind. I know you can see all the wonk, but I was still pretty chuffed lol.

    Isis - I thought you were supposed to look all glowy & whatnot. I just look like... yeah... a house. *shiver*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job! Have you got an image of the design you could share, without betraying your houseiness?

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job! i can't make a thing. this is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennie - it's from a 2008 Otto; http://www.ottobredesign.com/lehdet_js/2008_2/index.html?fi (the white one)

    ReplyDelete
  9. From what I can see you look great & I love the sleeves & button detail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m sure the full body shots are adorable. Pregnant bellies are THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING IN THE WORLD. I loved my enormous belly – embrace it and even if you don’t share with us; make sure you get some shots for yourself.
    Well done on the top and all the firsts – it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It doesn't look wonk to me it looks great! (put it on the forum, dare ya ;))

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with Kylie, get some shots of you belly & all because I didn't get many because I "looked like a house" & know I wished I could see more of me with that "House attire"
    you are absolutely gloooowing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HEY, I just stumbled upon a blog post of Rae who had a feature of some very nice maternity tops - go look! You'll definitely need some of those for the summer, AAAND they look pretty easy to make :).

    http://www.made-by-rae.com/2010/06/guest-blogger-kellyleasews-maternity.html

    ReplyDelete

Let's have a chat. And a biscuit. And some tea. And another biscuit.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin