21.3.11

This Week…

When I really started thinking about what I wanted to do this week it kind of hit me all at once. 

There are a lot of things you can do, or try, or start in a week, & there are a lot of things that I want to do that I just don’t because I am the procrastination queen… so that’s going to be my “thing” for this week; to try to stop my procrastination in it’s tracks.

stop-procrastination-2
 (..I really wanted to start with a photo.. but how does one take a picture of procrastination?! This cartoon fills the gap well, it uses some of my favourite words, like ‘mosey’ & ‘linger’…)
When I should be making cupcakes with Le Punk but I put it off because I either haven’t done the dishes or I don’t want to do more dishes, I will try to think about the fun she would have first, & the bloody dishes second.

When I say “I really have to put those clothes away”, “…finish that drawing for someone…”, “…write that email..”, “…sew that hat…”, I am going to stop & think about how long I have wasted thinking & talking about it instead of actually doing it, & if that equation seems silly, I’m going to… *gasp* just do it. (Even starting this meme is a step on the road to ceasing procrastination – I have been thinking about it for ages; What if nobody plays? Or reads? Or cares? Newsflash; Nobody ever died from being underwhelmed by a meme. ‘Underwhelmed’. Another ace word right there.)

What are you going to do this week? Share your link below! (And if you too, are the procrastinator from hell, this will make you laugh… or cry….)


12 comments:

  1. ahahahahaha boondoggle! favourite for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - I am a procrastinator too, but I prefer to say that I "work best under pressure" - either way, it gets done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooove that cartoon - perfect!
    I've got far too many things going on this week so no time to procrastinate unfortunately... because I can procrastinate with the best of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a procrastinator. I do my worst procrastinating when I am on the internet, loool! The cartoon is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm, not sure what I did wrong on the linky thingy.....

    I hear you on the procrastination! We may have to share the throne, because I'm too lazy to fight you for it....

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, spoke too soon on the linky thingy, it now seems fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this week, I am going to take things easy (part of which means I won't be linking up today - maybe next week?), and finish work on time every day!
    I love the word underwhelmed... I remember mentioning offhand that our daughter seemed underwhelmed at a fancy shop, and she has liked the word ever since...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, yes, lollygagging is my speciality.

    A lot of my procrastination =
    computer time. I'd get a lot more done if I pulled the plug...but it is tough to do. I'd miss all my friends who are procrastinating on-line with me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for starting This Week - I think I am gonna like it

    ReplyDelete
  10. :) Another procrastinator from way back here too! It is too hot and sticky to do anything today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i hear you! that comic you linked to is hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm firing on post holiday energy to burn. re-establishing the nest. lets see how long it lasts!

    ReplyDelete

Let's have a chat. And a biscuit. And some tea. And another biscuit.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin