20.3.11

Missing my meme.

la-meme-large-57kb

First of all, for those of you that don’t talk about blogs with other people & limit your blog related conversations to the written word, do you know, and be honest now, that meme is actually pronounced to rhyme with ‘cream’? Do you, in your head, pronounce, it like that? I don’t. I KNOW it’s supposed to sound like cream, or dream, or team, but I still think of it as ‘me me’.

Already, I digress.

I miss my meme. Do you remember it? My second-hand (and hence perfect for me) meme from Pip? ‘My Place and Yours’?

I gave it away. I felt overwhelmed. I felt obliged. I felt pressured. And now I miss it. I can’t have it back… ‘cause, well, I gave it away. So maybe I want another one.

Or do I?

Do I?

Do you? Are you meme-ed out?

Two of my favourites, without a doubt, are Kirsty’s ‘My Creative Space’ & Sophie’s ‘Flea Market Finds’. I love that anyone can join in, and I love visiting everyone who is playing along because I am interested in creative goings on & thrifted goodness…

…but I miss peeps coming HERE to play. I miss playing along every week (sometimes I’ve nothing creative to share, or no exciting oppy finds to display…), & thanking all you lovely peeps for playing along…

Maybe you’re the same? Maybe sometimes you’d like to join in but you just haven’t got anything?

I’ve been thinking about what would be a good choice for a new meme & although I came up with a few options, I am going to be selfish & go with the one that I actually need the most right now & it is to do with best intentions & accountability.

Tomorrow, Monday, the start of a new week where almost anything can happen, I am going to post about what I want to do this week, or will do, or something I want to think more deliberately about.

You might want to join in? You could post about something you’ve been putting off, an event you’re looking forward to or something that has to be done this week whether you like it or not. It could be one thing, big or small, or a virtual ‘to do list’.

You could post about a project so close to being finished you can taste it, or even about your desire to smile more & yell less, you know me kids, anything goes really. We can encourage each other to do those things we’d rather not & get excited about impending triumphs, that sounds nice, doesn’t it?

Of course if you don’t want to play along, that’s okay too, I just appreciate that you’re here for me to tell these things to!

8 comments:

  1. That's a brilliant idea! I'm in - it will be the first thing on my list to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great one Vic! I too love both of those other memes but this year I just haven't done much of either creating or op shopping so feel very left out when it's Thursday and Sunday :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a great idea - putting our intentions out there at the beginning of the week will make it harder to get out of doing them.....I hope :) Count me in

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good! Accountability is so grown up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds perfect. i love me a list!
    i'll be back tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so cool. I miss coming here to play too, it was my favourite place :) I love the sound of good intentions!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. meme as in cream..really!! i did think it was me me in my head...oops.

    i know what you mean, I do not crave a meme, cream, too much pressure & i crumble.
    goodluck with it today. I'll see how I go, I have a preserved bread...oooh I mean blackberry post in my head at the moment.
    i will definitely love to play along with you though.

    ReplyDelete

Let's have a chat. And a biscuit. And some tea. And another biscuit.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin