Yesterday I was having a rummage in my bookshelf for a book to swap with Kate when I found a book I forgot I had & had fun flicking through it. The book was The Lonely Planet Guide to Experimental Travel & it has lots of things in it that sound fun to do, but one activity in particular struck me as particularly blog-friendly so I suggest we play.
Here is what to do, camera in hand (take a photo at each step):
1. First stage is your starting point (Take a photo).
2.Walk in any direction for 50 or 100 paces, then turn 180 degrees (photo).
3. Continue walking in that direction until you see something blue (photo).
4. Make a left turn & walk 50 to 70 paces (photo).
5. Walk in any direction until you see something that either is or looks like the number 7 or 11 (photo).
6. Take the first left & continue walking until you find somewhere to sit (photo).
7. Choose any direction & walk for 25 or 50 paces (photo).
8. Continue walking until you see an unusual colour, shape or texture (photo). Turn 180 degrees.
9. Keep walking in any direction until you see an archway or an unusual architectural feature (photo).
10. Head for home but continue looking for something that catches your eye. When you find something, take your photo with it.
Photos should be as creative as you can make them. You can join in wherever in the world you happen to be. I think ideally you’re supposed to do it at the same time but let’s give ourselves a week so as many people as possible can play & I’ll put a linky up next Saturday so that we can share our “journeys”, we might even put together a collage of each step? That would be cool.